Last night as the Sunday night blues started to creep in, The Boyfriend and I, both unwilling to accept our weekend was coming to an end, decided a batch of freshly baked choc-chip cookies were just what we needed!
And boy were we right!
These cookies took no more than 20 minutes to prep and 10 minutes to bake and are absolutely delicious!
A pot of tea and choc chip cookies, coupled with the Sunday night movie was just the right way to ease into another busy working week…
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large egg whites
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine sugars and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add vanilla and egg whites; beat 1 minute.
- Add flour, flour, baking soda, and salt and mix.
- Add choc chips; beat until blended.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Remember to leave enough space between cookies as they do swell.
- Bake at 180°C for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans for 2 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Makes approximately 32 cookies.
@tipsytart is now also on instagram. Be sure to follow for real time updates of baking & adventures!