Tuesday 16 October 2012

Bittersweet Treats



I saw this recipe on the fabulous I Love Baking SA page and gave it a try. They called this recipe Chocolate Truffles, but as it was quite delightfully bitter, I reckon Cocoa Truffles would be more fitting… 


Ingredients:
1000ml (4 cups) rolled oats
315ml (1¼ cups) white sugar
125ml cocoa
250ml butter
30ml strong coffee powder
5ml vanilla essence
30g baking chocolate, melted
30ml peanut butter
80ml desiccated coconut flakes

Method:
Mix all the ingredients (except coconut) together in a mixing bowl
Roll mixture into small balls and then roll the ball in the coconut
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before eating
  


The ingredients
 
Mix it all up
Making the balls

You'll have to squash them into shape
Roll the balls in coconut flakes
and enjoy...

Unlike my uber indulgent previous cookies, this recipe is not nearly as rich and sweet but rather quite an interesting mix of the cocoa and oats – somehow to me it just tastes healthier. (Thus allowing myself to have just one more)

6 comments:

  1. Viktoria Raslinkina17 October 2012 at 01:58

    It is yammyyyy! Love It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipee, easy one:)


    thank you for sharing:) And also thank you for visiting my blog and your comments:)


    Already following you in GFC, could you please follow me back?


    kisses


    http://styleglaze.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
  3. Cocoa and oats, sounds tasty. I like it when bloggers share detailed pictures of their recipes! Thanks for sharing :)
    I am following you on GFC, you are welcome to follow me back www.abi-asaturdaymorning.blogspot.com
    Abi K

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like lamington! im hungry now :D


    preppypalss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Abi, yes I do try to make it as easy to follow as possible.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Coco, i am following you in GFC too
    xx

    ReplyDelete