Wednesday 19 September 2012

From Pickles to Petals


I love collecting Jars. I just can’t bring myself to throw them away. I use them for storage, sorting and now for décor too.
In a few quick brush strokes, turn basic glass pickle jars into pretty vases.
I recently painted the soles of my heels, so with my left over paint, primer and modge podge I started having some fun on my spare jars.
What I used:
Primer
Paint
Modge podge

First the jars had to be cleaned and stripped of the nasty glue.

I then painted them with primer. To be honest, I don’t know whether I needed to, but I had some left over and figured that I might as well use it. 

Once dried, I painted 2 layers of acrylic paint.And then once that was dry I painted with modge podge just to give it a glossy finish. 

Lastly I pulled out my washi tape and had some fun wrapping it around the jars.

No comments:

Post a Comment